NOW HIRING PROGRAM COODINATOR: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
The purpose of the Mississippi Mills Youth Centre (MMYC) is to strengthen the emotional, social, mental, and physical health and wellness of youth aged 10-18, especially those who may be at risk due to their socio-economic environments, social and familial relationships, and school situations. We accomplish this by providing a safe, supervised environment where youth develop social and practical skills to become engaged and productive members of society. MMYC offers casual drop-in programs as well as structured programming, including fundraising and community partnership events, all at low or no cost to participants.
The Program Coordinator is responsible, in conjunction with the Executive Director, for the successful leadership and management of programming for the Mississippi Mills Youth Centre, according to the strategic direction, policies and procedures set out by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
MMYC Mission: To support youth in the discovery of themselves and their community.
MMYC Vision: Confident, contributing, content youth.
MMYC Values: Respect, inclusion, integrity, safety, responsibility, pride, fairness, fun and connections.
The Program Coordinator reports directly to the MMYC Executive Director.
- College or university diploma in a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s experience working for a not-for-profit or volunteer organization with a background in planning and delivering programming while managing a budget.
- Demonstration of good time management and organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with local support agencies would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of, or previous work or volunteer experience with youth aged 10-18.
- Working knowledge of website maintenance and social media.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, programs, and software. (Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, etc.)
- Clean and current Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) report issued by Ontario Provincial Police, or eligibility and willingness to obtain same upon hiring.
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s license.
- Valid First Aid and CPR level C, or willingness and ability to obtain same upon hiring.
- Planning program activities and curriculum including weekly programming, field trips, workshops, community initiatives and special events.
- Delivering programs and facilitating education and development activities with youth ages 10-18 both online and in-person, using diverse multi-media approaches.
- Providing supervision to youth, staff and volunteers pursuant to MMYC Policies and Procedures while ensuring a physically and emotionally safe and healthy environment.
- Managing program registration and promotion.
- Creating program logic models and evaluation plans in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Collecting data, contributing to program evaluation and completing reports.
- Collaborative productively and effectively with Youth Workers, Project Coordinator and Summer Camp Leaders.
- Providing written summary reports monthly to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Supporting community engagement and fundraising initiative of the centre.
- Managing inventory of supplies/materials.
- Modelling the values and mission of the centre in all interactions with youth, their families, the community and staff while engaging with others in a professional and friendly manner.
- Preparing and distributing materials for our social media, website and press outlets and support the Executive Director and Board of Director in the overall communications plan.
- Assisting in maintaining the youth centre in a clean and organized state, inside and outside.
- To maintain any confidential documentation or records in a secure manner to protect the privacy of those involved.
- Other duties as required by the Employer.
The Mississippi Mills Youth Centre Program Coordinator role is a full-time permanent position. Hours are subject to change if needed. This position requires some evening and weekend availability to facilitate programming, make presentations, attend meetings with community partners and participate in occasional fundraising events. The Program Coordinator generally works in an office environment at MMYC. A balance and well-designed work-from-home plan would also be considered.
The information presented in this job description indicated the general nature and level of work expected of the Program Coordinator. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of the employee assigned to this job. All MMYC personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.